Saturday, March 28, 2009

The dark side of Facebook

Earlier today, I gave my parents a call to see how they've been doing. Mom picks up the phone, and it's immediately obvious that she's not happy - anytime she calls me anything other than Gigita, I know that somewhere, sometime, a crime has been commited by me.

The question is, what was it this time? And the answer: Facebook.

There are several pictures of me participating in St. Patrick's Day festivities over the course of the weekend. In several, it is obvious that there is drinking going on around me. And I did drink a couple of beers over that week. But I was never drunk over those days. Not even a hint of a buzz. I nursed one beer for 2 hours, come on. Nevertheless, I was informed that in several pictures I am obviously intoxicated. Really? No. I just look stupid in several, and I don't need alcohol to help with that. That's just me.

I think she was eventually assuaged, but times like that I wish my parents weren't on Facebook. Oh, well.

1 comment:

Code name: 1% said...

Bwahahahaha.

My mom's on Facebook, my dad's on Myspace. I cleaned up my Facebook page *a little* but I left all my old Myspace blogs up and I'm just hoping my dad never reads them. Sigh.

Also: birthday party HERE first weekend of May. Officially it's for me but it is smack dab between me and Bond's dates.