Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sigh

In a moment of not paying particular attention, I found myself earlier today turning left under an overpass, the last in a line of cars. I realized as I was turning that the light was going from yellow to red. I also noted a police car at the intersection, right as the camera on the stoplight flashed, sending a commerorative photo to be paid for by me. The officer pulled me over, shockingly.

However, here's where it gets even better. I handed my license and registration to him. My license which was, incidentally, renewed 5-6 weeks ago. SO, despite the fact that the city of Richardson is already automatically processing a ticket from the camera, I got an additional ticket from the officer for the same offense, and he also gave me one more ticket. Why? Because the address on my license is still for Arlington and my insurance is for my home Dallas address. The annoying thing being that I inquired about this at the DPS office, they said that I could still count my Arlington (aka parent's house that gets the bulk of my mail)address as permanent and didn't need to change.

So that makes 3 tickets in one stop, 2 for the same offense. Interesting, but mainly annoying. At least my registration and inspection stickers were current, one thing to be grateful for.

1 comment:

Jesse said...

You have me beat, Gigi.

Best I've done was 2 tickets in one stop. But that was before traffic cameras, so I'm going to claim that you're playing with loaded dice.