Monday, July 2, 2007

I love a rainy night

Dallas has been getting more than it's fair share of rain recently. It's kind of like how my parents described living in the rain forest of Peru - one second, it's sunny, the monkeys and birds are making a racket in the trees, not a cloud in sight, then BAM! A clap of thunder, and a cloudburst soaks everything. Every afternoon. As if God turned on the sprinklers. An hour later, everything is sunny again, but much more damp. This is pretty much what we've been seeing down here, minus the monkeys.

Someone drew a depiction of what we can expect the region to evolve into if this becomes an ongoing pattern, and I will share it with you.


The original drawing was found posted on pegasusnews with an accompanying article. Mainly, this whole post was an excuse to post a drawing that I thought was funny. That is all. I'm going to bed now.

No comments: