Sunday, July 22, 2007

Christopher Walken, the Musical

I saw Hairspray tonight, and man, it was fun. I've not seen it in any other incarnation, so don't ask me if it's better/worse than anything in the past, but it stood on its own well. It also reminded me of something very, very important.

Christopher Walken is frickin' fantastic.

Many of you may have seen him dancing in the Fatboy Slim video for Weapon of Choice, and if you haven't, well, by golly, what are you waiting for? Apparently, he used to dance on Broadway, too. However, the first time I remember seeing Christopher Walken, he was... Puss In Boots! How cool is that? It was on the Disney channel, that I remember. I had supposed it was lost to the abyss where obscure movies go, but Google came to my rescue.

Firstly, for immediate gratification, the treasure vault known as YouTube had a few clips strung together.


Isn't it deliciously bad? The blonde kid is Sean Connery's son, if I remember correctly. Anyhow, great memories. However, I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be great if this was available on DVD?" Well, apparently, it is. I am totally buying this within the next 24 hours!

Man, I feel so happy now.

2 comments:

Jesse said...

"Puss...In Boots!"

Hysterical.

-G^2 said...

I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of the film to my abode so I can memorize all the scenes. I think the only question is this: why isn't this film more of a cult classic?