Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The 1001 Faces of -G^2

Work is getting more manageable. In fact, it's mostly downright likeable. The people I work with are nice, a good amount of my patients and families are reasonable, and I have found that I didn't forget everything I'd learned in the last few years of training. This is a good thing.

An interesting fact, though. Be it the way I speak, or the way I look, but I am mistaken for just about any nationality you could think of. In the last week, people have thought I might be:
  • Jordanian
  • Indian
  • Mexican
  • Italian
  • Spanish
  • Egyptian
  • Canadian (really?)
  • Russian

Seriously. Not one of the random "Are you from blank?" questions I've gotten included Texas. Funny, considering I've lived my entire life in this state. I guess the bright side is that if I ever flee the country all I have to do is keep my mouth shut and I could blend into a crowd with ease.

No comments: