Thursday, September 11, 2008

Once

Have you seen the movie Once? No? Well, to be fair, I really haven't seen it all yet myself. However, this has not stopped me from listening to the soundtrack over and over again. Do yourself a favor, sit down with it, kick back on your couch (alone or with company, either seems to work pretty well), and just listen.

So, I've got some love for Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova, now performing together as The Swell Season. You can imagine how crazy-happy I'm feeling that I have tickets to see the musicians perform at the end of this month. I am, to put it mildly, excited. Plus, it's at a venue that I like, the Palladium ballroom, which makes it even better.

In general, I am never particularly interested in the musicians that open for the main show. Not to say that I haven't been pleasantly surprised before by some good stuff, of course. However, I have been listening and watching videos of Iron and Wine, the act that is touring with them. And, you know, I'm getting even more excited! The 29th can't get here fast enough. In the meantime, enjoy some Sam Beam goodness.

2 comments:

Code name: 1% said...

Oh man, I love Our Endless Numbered Days and Woman King, but somehow the Shepard's Dog album never grabbed me. Perhaps it's time to give it another try.

-G^2 said...

I have yet to locate his albums at the local cd stores, will have to keep checking.