Monday, September 29, 2008

Post concert update

Ok, the show was GREAT!! It was a nice mix of the Once soundtrack with other original pieces and some covers. First off, Glen Hansard is a funny man. He rambled on several times, and got a lot of crowd response throughout the concert. He gave the crowd a shout out for being one of the best sing-along groups so far, and gave a stirring rendition of an enthusiastic but tone deaf crowd they had somewhere else.

Best random tale? I enjoyed one about hangovers. The gist of it was that he hates hangovers, but that he often has a religious experience sometime during them, mostly when he hits the point where he realizes that he isn't going to die.

And let's not forget I&W. I enjoyed Sam, but was a little disappointed that he didn't play a couple of my favorite songs. Well, guess I'll have to keep an ear to the ground and catch him the next time he comes through Dallas.

For $10, you'll be able to download the show from playedlastnight.com. I'm looking forward to it!

No comments: