Sunday, February 15, 2009

CrookedTree

It's been a few weeks since an article in one of the many free weekly papers here posted an article about several different coffee houses in the area and reasons to stray from Starbucks. A couple I already knew about and visit sporadically, but one has become my preferred place to go when I need to get out of my apartment and sit somewhere. Crooked Tree is right off Mckinney, not far from my apartment. It brews organic, free trade coffees (although they do use conventional dairy, alas) served by friendly people inside a spruced up little cottage full of mismatched furniture and equipped with wifi. Which, of course, I appreciate much more now that I'm hauling my latest gadget everywhere I go. The current artwork on display is... hmmm. Circley? I don't know how to describe it. It's very colorful.

It's nice in here. Not sure where I'm going next, though. Was hoping to catch a movie today, but I dunno. Should probably get something to eat, but, again, not feeling it right now. Exercise was planned, but the treadmill was taken and I don't like doing the trails alone. Hoping inspiration will strike soon.

No comments: