Saturday, August 25, 2007

Caffeinated visions

I feel strange. I can feel my heart beating in my chest and blood coursing through my hands. My field of vision is pulsing. I feel very alone, and edgy. I think I've had too much caffeine.

This sucks. So, let's move on to something else. This blog will be written in pseudo-stream of consciousness mode, so forgive random leaps as they manifest themselves.

I used to write a lot more than I do now, both for work and play. At my best, words just flow, and I'm barely aware where they're coming from. At those times, I feel more like an instrument being wielded by somebody else, and it's effortless.

I like words, particularly unloved, rarely used words. Not necessarily obscure, mind you, but some of them sound archaic when used in most modern day conversations. Marvelous, for example. I try to use it a few times a month.

Growing up, it was hard to get me away from any book that I started. Intense battles occasionally occured because of this... well, more like my brothers would hide them to make me mad, and I would cry until they either gave it up willingly, or got smacked by my parents and returned it by force. My youngest brother and I would come to physical blows on occasion, in which case we'd both be smacked and we would retire to our rooms to sulk and lick our wounds, planning revenge. This would usually last about 5 minutes, and then he would offer me dibs on his GI Joes and return my book, and peace would reign.

That's all.

No comments: