Thursday, October 11, 2007

Halo from Madrid


Well, today has been a full day and highly enjoyable, and tomorrow promises more of the same. After all, this is sunny Madrid!

I am hurting right now. Madrid is 6 hours ahead of my regular Dallas time, and here it's currently 23:06 (which makes back home... 17:06). I have been up and running since (Dallas time) 0600 of 10/10/2007 with only a small bit of sleep during the flight from Miami to Madrid.

Now, quick note on the flight. I had a window seat with only one other person who could be in my little section. She moved to another seat shortly before take off to sit next to her family (someone missed the flight). "Excellent!" thought I, "I will get to enjoy kicking back, couch style!" And I did! For the 1st hour and a half of the flight, I was lounging back, doing sudoku, thoroughly enjoying myself. However, this was short lived. There were these two elderly people flanking a middle aged guy, all quite cramped. The younger guy asked if I would mind if he took the seat to give the other people more room. Damn it! You know I said yes.

Anyhow, arrived in Spain at 9 am local time (3 am Dallas), went through immigration, and met up with my good friend Alejandro, who got to work really late because he came to get me safely settled in. Love him!

So, I've ridden buses all around Madrid today, had some excellent food, done some shopping, and am now exhausted. I will post pictures soon, and post more trip info.

No comments: