Sunday, April 6, 2008

Backyards and spring

This time of year, I spend a lot of time staring at trees and craving a backyard. Everything has that almost neon sheen of new growth, and post-thunderstorms it really seems that the greenery is glowing. The Japanese maples are gloriously crimson, the flowers are running rampant, and the highways in Texas are turning blue and orange.

Good thing for friends with homes. Part of my afternoon I got to lounge pool side (albeit briefly) and indulge in tres leches cupcakes. Delicious. The evening found me lounging outside with a soda and soaking in the approaching dusk after getting to play dress up with baby Zoe and hearing her giggle for the first time. Shockingly, I spent no time in the hammock. A beautiful evening concluded with some homemade lasagna (also delicious) and some good conversation.

No comments: