Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Cancun Caper

There are scrapes and bruises in interesting places from being dragged over rocks by a big wave.
A chunk of sea shell that was buried in the sole of my left foot has just now been dug out.
I am sunburned over my chest and in an interesting stripe pattern on one leg.
My pedicure is ruined.

And you know what? I couldn't be happier about it!

Much like the ancient Vikings and other warrior cultures give value to the scars of battle that criss cross their bodies, I see the above as indelible marks that remind me that I got to spend the last several days in an oceanfront resort with a set of fun loving friends. There was sand, surf, and shots. I went parasailing for the second time in my life. I saw some new birds, including (now confirmed) frigatebirds. Their were some interesting conversations with Canadians (apparently the entirety of the Canadian population is in Cancun at the moment, or at least that's what it seemed like after meeting the 15th person from there). We even did absolutely nothing except for sitting on a lounge chair watching the ocean.

Beautiful.

No comments: