Thursday, March 27, 2008

A Call to Arms

I'm not used to certain aspects of the modern dating scene. In fact, I am pretty stinking naive about a lot of the finer points of social interactions.

A couple of weeks ago, had a great time at a concert with some of my friends. At said concert, there was a plentiful supply of attractive single men of an appropriate age. Excellent for a girl's night out, feel free to inquire for more details or for planning an outing. During this particular night, tequila shots were involved. This, I would like to say, is very rarely a good idea for me. Oh, I have fun. I just don't remember all the details and require the vivid descriptions provided by my cohorts to patch together those nights and days. Remember those boys I mentioned? I got pretty friendly with one on the dance floor. He was cute, but that's about all I remember. His cuteness was agreed to by those in my company, so at least our beer goggles coincided.

Flash forward to tonight. Had an excellent time at the Belmont, where I got the opportunity to sing along with a wonderful acoustic twosome who did some great covers of familiar, cool songs. Seriously, with the mic and everything! Will plan on seeing them again April 10 (a Thursday) when they play again, and I invite all to attend. I also invited them to karaoke night. They're cool, so maybe they will come. Following this portion of the evening, was having a good chat with Alicia at her house, when suddenly! A text from an unknown number asking how I was. I replied "Good. But who are you?" None other than mystery cute guy, who turns out is named Adam. My company was solicited, but as it is nearly midnight, I have suspicions that this may not be a "Let's have coffee and get better acquainted" kind of a date he has in mind. As such, I let him know, no. But, I invited him to get in touch for later this week if he would, in fact, like to chat over coffee. He claims that he will. I have my doubts, but will, indeed, go out with him should he actually call. We will have to see. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Code name: 1% said...

Girl, you should have gone with the booty call. IMNSHO.