Monday, March 3, 2008

Lowered standards and short cuts

Ambling through different areas of Dallas, you are bound to see some graffiti. I've talked about it before, in fact. However, I've noticed something more and more frequently. Rather than the traditional defacing of yore, where you used a nice thick permanent marker or spray paint if you're going to leave your mark, these guys have been putting the design on plain white stickers which they then slap onto random objects. Presto, instant tagging!

I have one word for this. LAME!

I mean, come on. Has there been a decline in artistic recruiting in gangs, or what? Are today's youth so freaking lazy that they can't perfect a design that they can produce in a minute or less? I can almost hear the leader of one of these gangs. "Man, you guys suck! I guess I need to print some stuff on Photoshop for you morons."

Bah.

No comments: