Sunday, March 23, 2008

Kids

My nieces from El Paso are visiting for their spring break. They are cute. See included photographic evidence for verification.



It's a known fact that kids say and do the darndest things, and these are no exceptions. For example, the two youngest squabble a bit, particularly when it pertains to sharing. During one of my attempts to pacify an escalating battle, I asked the youngest why she disliked sharing with her sister. Her answer? "But that's my whole personality!" What? It was pretty funny, but I'm still unsure where she came up with that.

Today after church, the oldest was telling us about a "perverted pigeon" that sits outside the little ones' bedroom window when they get dressed in the morning. Everyone laughed, and suddenly the middle one turned to me and asked, "What is a pervert?" Erm... I started to answer, hesitated, started, hesitated, cursed my brother for not explaining this one before me, and finally settled on "It's something that likes to look at naked stuff. Or, by another definition, it means to sully." Whew. Thankfully, they latched on to the word "sully".

No comments: